You’ve had your initial visit and now it’s time to get ready for your procedure. Here are a few things you’ll need to get ready for surgery day.
No food or drink (including water) for 8 hours before your surgery; you must have a completely empty stomach. Failure to follow this instruction can lead to life-threatening complications. If you take routine oral medications, please check with our office prior to your surgical date for instructions.
***2nd most important***
You must bring someone with you to the surgery appointment to drive you home and ideally stay with you for a few hours until you recover. Your designated driver must remain in our waiting room during the surgery. You may feel after-effects from the anesthesia for up to 24 hours afterwards, so don’t plan on driving, using complicated devices, heavy machinery, etc.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes, including low heels. Make sure that your shirt sleeves can be easily rolled up above the elbow.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Do not smoke for 4-5 days after surgery.
- Brush your teeth prior to surgery to reduce bacteria and prevent infection. Dentures should be removed at the time of surgery.
- Please do not wear nail polish, lipstick, or excessive make-up on the day of surgery. Contact lens wearers should wear their glasses.
- Feeling sick? If you have a cold, sore throat, or stomach upset, please call our office at 336-478-8484 as soon as possible.
Schedule your appointment Now
We look forward to caring for your needs in our office soon. Click the button at right to get started.